Recently, Secrets® Aura Cozumel was featured in an article on AFAR for its efforts to reduce the use of single-use plastics at the resort. Secrets Aura is proud to join many other tropical properties throughout Mexico who are dedicated to social and environmental responsibility. Read on to learn more about Secrets Aura’s commitment to the environment.
In addition to cutting down on single-use plastics, Secrets Aura is committed to employing a variety of environmentally-friendly practices to support and promote sustainable tourism efforts and social responsibility. Some of our green initiatives include:
- Resort-wide recycling program
- Training on conservation and energy-saving procedures and the separation of organic and inorganic waste provided for all resort staff
- Consistent tracking of energy and water consumption and solid waste generation
- Recyclable containers are used to package all resort amenities
- Use of indoor paints that are low or zero VOC (volatile organic compounds) or Green Seal Certified
- Use of recyclable, energy-efficient T8 lamps in corridors and other resort areas
- Local, natural and organic products are featured in the spa
At Secrets Resorts, we take pride in our environmentally friendly practices and invite you to join us as we strive to make your stay with us a truly memorable experience.
When you’re ready to take the plunge, check out our special offers page for tropical deals like our Instant Savings promotion going on now!
With so much of the island left untouched, those seeking a secluded and intimate vacation experience venture to Secrets Aura Cozumel to bask in the quiet luxury this coveted destination has to offer. As the only adults-only resort of its kind on the island, Secrets Aura Cozumel combines the amenities of Unlimited-Luxury® with the charm of a true coastal getaway.