If you are looking for a way to beat the heat this summer, we have the perfect drink recipe for you! Havanna Lights is one of the most popular cocktails at Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun. This fruity and refreshing cocktail is a perfect treat to cool off on a warm summer day. Just one sip of this tropical cocktail and it immediately feels like you’re in paradise. Here’s the recipe:
- ¾ oz of light rum
- ¾ oz of coconut rum
- ¾ cup of pineapple juice
- A few drops of grenadine syrup
- ½ oz of Melon liquor
- Shake together the light rum, coconut rum and pineapple juice.
- Pour the mixture into a cocktail glass.
- Add a few drops of grenadine into the glass carefully so it drops to the bottom.
- Top the drink with the melon liquor.
- Garnish with a pineapple crown leaf and enjoy!
At Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, our guests are always raving about our signature dessert, the Aztec Soufflé served at our Mexican restaurant, El Patio. It is a truly decadent dessert, offering a wonderful balance of rich Mexican chocolate and a creamy vanilla sauce.
Now you can make this delicious dessert at home! Here’s our recipe for the Aztec Soufflé.
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 ounces Mexican chocolate, coarsely chopped (try Ibarra, found in gourmet and Hispanic grocery stores)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlúa)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Vanilla Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 dash of salt
- Coat 8 (6-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar, cocoa, flour, salt, and pepper, if desired, in a medium saucepan.
- Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add chocolate, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Place chocolate mixture in a large bowl; stir in vanilla, liqueur, and egg yolk.
- Place the cream of tartar and egg whites in another large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy.
- Add 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir one-third of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon evenly into ramekins; sharply tap ramekins 2 or 3 times on counter to level. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until puffy and set.
- Heat 1 1/4 cups milk and vanilla in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil), stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 egg yolks, and dash of salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the egg mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk.
Return milk mixture to pan and heat over medium heat to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil), stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick and mixture coats the back of a spoon, stirring constantly.
Serve the warm chocolate soufflés with the vanilla sauce and enjoy!
Secrets of Resorts Chefs is a show hosted by Tim Laird, an authority on wines and spirits with more than 20 years experience in the hospitality industry. In addition to being connoisseur of fine wines, spirits and champagnes, Tim is also a gourmet chef and a master at entertaining. He makes hundreds of appearances every year on radio and television programs every year, and is also an author of the book “That’s Entertaining!”.
Secrets of Resorts Chefs, one of his many programs, is a resort/food oriented show that takes you behind the scenes and into the kitchens of some of the world’s finest resorts. Recently, Secrets of Resorts Chefs shot an episode at Secrets Wild Orchid and Secrets St. James Montego Bay! Here’s an in-depth look in to the resort’s drinks, menus, and delectable dining.
Here’s an introduction to the resort, as our chefs show off some of their “secrets”.
Here’s a look at how our chefs prepare some of Bordeaux’s most delicious dishes (and desserts!)
Here you’ll learn to make a fabulous French Martini in style at the Piano Bar!